Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24 A slave's diary

Mistress came over, the other night, and did a walk-through home inspection.

For a description of my home, I give you Sheldon's quote, upon first seeing Penny's apartment:
"The Mandelbrot set of complex numbers is a little messy..... THIS is CHAOS."

She outlined a list of things she wanted me to get done around the apartment.
Nothing onerous, nothing burdensome, simply things that I knew needed to be done,  that I've been putting off, like for ever,  and I needed a kick in pants to get 'em done.
So, She kicked me in the pants.

Today:
I started with the refrigerator.  I threw out perishables that had been in there from since and before my roommate moved out, mid January, and I wiped and cleaned it out, top to bottom, outside then inside.
The I scrubbed down the walls in the kitchen.
Then I wiped down the range top, and all the counters.
Then I swept the floor, numerous times, and got down on hands and knees, and used a knife to scrape up sticky stuff.
And I mopped.
And I mopped again.
And I swept it again.
And I mopped it again.
Once finished, I was, I am, damn proud of it.

And it just took a kick in the pants to get started.

More chores on the agenda for tomorrow:  stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment