Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26 Slave's Diary

I used the gift of an extra hour,  at 01:00 this morning, finishing happily at 01:55.
Then I went to sleep, with the alarm set for 07:00.
I actually woke up with rock solid morning wood at 06:25, and managed to ignore until the alarm did go off, and I got up.  
I took care of morning business (eye drops for my contacts, morning Nuvigel,  morning water elimination, feeding cats and fish, scooping litter box, walking Cookie,  walking meditation,  then inside,  feeding Cookie, changing the animals' water dishes) then upstairs,  for a shower, etc. 

I was in my vehicle about 09:08, and called Mistress, as requested, as I was heading to Torrance to assist Her with moving boxes from one unit to another, and we were looking to meet there around 10:30.
"Do you think it will take that long to get to Torrance?"
"Tail end of rush hour," I said.  "If  I get there really quickly, I'll be waiting."

The 101 north was not bad at all, but the interchange into the 405-south took, simply, forever.
Then the usually cluster-fudge on the 405 south,  which cleared up soon enough.....  and I arrived at the meeting place at 10:28.
Meanwhile, She texted me to let me know, the 405 North was fouled up, and she was tied up in traffic.

It gave me time, to rearrange stuff in the back of my mini-van.
She arrived, and we drove into the grounds of the storage unit complex.
And we set about moving boxes and other stuff from one small unit into a much larger unit, a few driveways down the lot.

Mission accomplished, along with a Eureka! as She managed to find the box containing dinner dishes that She was really looking for.
Then, with a bit of a grin, She told me to fetch the bath brush (that somehow, She knew I brought along, sort of just in case), and in the privacy of the now-empty storage unit,  gave my tights-covered bottom a number of whacks with it.  (We're still arguing about the exact number.... let's go with twenty...)
She stopped, fearful of discovery  (and then,possibly, being banned from the premises) (in spite of the fact that, I had only seen one other vehicle on the premises, the whole time we were there.)

Then, we drove in two cars to a nearby fast-food place, for (coffee for me)(soda for Her), and conversation.

After becoming agitated by the racket of unsupervised children inside the place, we moved outside, near our vehicles. 
Conversation continued, and I took a few pictures of us, on my camera phone.... for my mother, who had been making inquiries about my new girl friend.  (Well, that's what I told my mother, She is.)

Then She said, "It's almost 2 o'clock, you gotta get going."
Oh hell, I was supposed to be at work at 2:30.
"Okay, thank you."
Off I went. 
In search of a gas station, as I saw the low fuel indicator light blinking.
One wrong turn later, I found my preferred brand of gas, fueled up, and started on the 16 or 17 mile ride on surface streets, to work.
It did not help, that the three lane road I was on, became two lanes, and then one, for awhile.
I sent a text to my manager, at 2 pm,  "Leaving  XYZ now, be there when I can, depending on traffic."
His reply:  "Awww... weekend at Bernie's?"
My reply:   Ummmmmmm...

I arrived at work at 15:16, a mere 45 minutes late.
She texted me:  "Sorry I made you late."
I passed that on to my manager, with an explanation of the days' events, and he smiled and said, "Pussy whipped already?"
I smiled and shrugged.
I related that exchange to Her, and She said, "Pussy whipped?  LOL! if he only knew."
I do not plan to have THAT conversation with him, any time soon.

So, at work... as tired as ....  well, someone who is really really tired...  with a slightly sore bottom...  very minor, but enough to remind me...  and just very very content,  even  happy. 
But not all happy.
She advised me, She's at home with a very upset stomach,  and has doctor's orders against taking anything for it.  and there's nothing I can do for Her, except offer my sympathies, and extend a prayer.
.............sigh.................  

No comments:

Post a Comment